According to Hallmark, today is Drink Beer Day! Let’s celebrate with a little beer history.
1. After he won the Nobel Prize, Niels Bohr was given a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
2. The Code of Hammurabi decreed that bartenders who watered down beer would be executed.
3. At the Wife Carrying World Championships, first prize is the wife’s weight in beer.
4. A cloud near the constellation Aquila contains enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.
5. Coined in the early 1900s, the word “alcoholiday” means leisure time spent drinking.
* * *
Continue Reading: 25 Amazing Facts for Drink Beer Day