These 7 tips will help you make your fitness routine part of your lifestyle so you never have to start all over again. Because, let’s face it- those first few days back always make us feel extra sore.
- PLAN, SCHEDULE, AND PREPARE: Commit to making your health a priority. We all have the same amount of hours in our days. As we prioritize, we decide where they go. Reading these 7 Mind-Blowing Benefits of Exercise will remind you that exercising is not just about getting fit and strong. A consistent physical routine will add light to so many other areas of your life! Plan to fit in 3-4 hours of exercise into your week, however that looks for you. Stick to a schedule and if you can, sign-up for classes online before hand (this will help you commit to your plan). Prepare your fitness bag and fill up your water bottle the night before. Make it easy for yourself- this is your personal time.
- FIND A WORKOUT THAT YOU LOVE: It seems like everyday there’s a new type of workout out there. Your task is to find the one that keeps you coming back from more. Do some research online and see what your neighborhood has to offer. Most gyms and studios give customers a trial period. Take advantage of this and find your perfect fit.
- FUEL YOUR APPETITE: You’ll find that your most rewarding workouts are the ones where you’re fully present, and nobody can stay focused with a grumbling stomach. Fuel up prior to your workouts, but allow atleast 2 hours for digestion before you get moving.
- DON’T STRIVE FOR PERFECTION: We strive for perfection in so many areas of our lives… Health shouldn’t be one of them. Leave all judgements at the door. Give it your best shot and never compare yourself to anyone else.
- SET REALISTIC GOALS: Instead of setting idealistic goals, try setting short-term realistic ones. Constant gratification will keep you motivated and eager to stay on the right track.
- BE A STUDENT: Let your curiosity show you how to take your fitness routine to the next level. If it ever starts to feel stale or boring, go online and read up on how to get into a deeper version a specific exercise or find new trends so you can mix-it-up from time to time.
- CONSIDER YOUR FITNESS STYLE: Buying some cute and stylish workout gear is a great motivator and will make you feel good about the body you live in. Start a fitness drawer and keep all your fitness duds neat and tidy.
Remaining strong, even in your 50s, is easily attainable with some simple lifestyle modifications. By understanding the aging process and targeting the areas that are affected, you can still increase your stamina and physical strength.